For Christmas this year, I made a set of five Christmas arrangements for different ensembles. I wanted to do a full Christmas album at some point but I didn’t know what instruments I wanted to write it for. This project was an opportunity for me to experience the relative ease or difficulty of coordinating and recording different groups, and what quality of sound I would be able to get from them. The winner was “Angels We Have Heard On High,” for four-hand piano which I recorded with my awesome friend Zach Griffin, but I am still proud of the other numbers. I only managed to record three of the groups, but I’m proud of all five arrangements. The complete set is as follows:
- “Angels We Have Heard on High” for four-hand piano
- “A Savior Is Born” for mixed choir with piano and violin accompaniment
- “Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas” for piano solo
- “Little Drummer Boy” for French horn sextet
- “O Holy Night” for French horn solo with piano accompaniment
This project was also a great opportunity in learning how to network and collaborate with others. The album art was done by Arianna Lewis and the videography was done by Josh Garcia.
Due to copyright reasons, I am not able to distribute most of these arrangements. – this was also something of a learning experience. Recordings and sheet music for some of these pieces are available for download on the music page, or you can listen below: